Call for presentations
We’re delighted to announce the call for presenters for the 2017 National Digital Forum (21–22 November, Wellington). The conference will be a mixture of keynote presentations, plenary sessions, lightning talks, and other speaking engagements. We will also be running pre/post conference workshops, so do get in touch if you have an idea for those. To get a sense of the event, please take a look at some of the past talks on YouTube.
Please submit your proposal using the form at the bottom of this page.
We are keen to hear from practitioners from across the GLAM sector and alternative sectors which relate to the GLAM sector. If you would like to raise a pressing issue, share an inspiring project, or discuss opportunities and challenges in the sphere of digital cultural heritage, we look forward to hearing from you.
We welcome proposals on any topic that's affecting the culture and heritage sector. If you need some inspiration here are a few suggestions to get your synapses sparking:
- AV experiences/AV material: how can we get more of New Zealand's AV material digitised and accessible?
- Arts and innovation: what exciting digital initiatives are happening in galleries and other arts organisations?
- Big data connections and future researchers: how do we meet the needs of future researchers through our data?
- How to do more with less: using existing platforms, services and software as springboards for innovation.
- The commercial link: can the GLAM sector fuel creativity in the commercial world, or how can they fuel us?
- The practical world of the digital asset: what does it really mean to digitise, describe, store, and preserve our digital heritage?
- Innovation in education/outreach: are we making an impact on the diverse audiences our collections serve?
Please feel free to email the conference committee at email@example.com if you would like to discuss your proposal prior to submitting.
Proposals are due Monday 1 May 2017.