The fine folk at InternetNZ are providing three scholarships for NDF2017, covering the full cost of conference registration. InternetNZ is a membership organisation that promotes the Internet to help create a better New Zealand and a better world - a cause dear to NDF's heart. This year their NDF scholarships will be aimed at GLAM folk from small institutions and regional centres, who may find it difficult to meet travel costs as well as conference registration. Each scholarship will come with a grant of up to $300 towards travel costs.
Please apply using the form below by 12 pm on Sunday September 10.
The selection panel will use the following criteria to guide their scholarship awards:
- Relevance of current work (or current courses if a student)
- Potential to enhance digital interaction with NZ culture and heritage, and support the open access of NZ content and information
- Alignment with InternetNZ’s vision and mission
- Previous attendance at an NDF (preference will be given to those who have not attended before)
- Recommendation (from a member, employer, or lecturer)
- Genuine need for assistance with travel costs as well as registration costs
Terms and conditions
- Applications are open to anyone, and are due by 12 pm on Sunday September 10.
- Successful recipients will be notified by email by Friday September 15 and published online.
- Scholarships are valid for attending the 2017 NDF conference. They are non-transferable and will be claimed through an online registration process.
- Travel or accomodation costs up to $300 will be reimbursed after presentation of valid receipts.
- Recipients may be asked to provide a brief evaluation of the conference to the NDF board. The board may choose to publish all or some of the evaluations on its website under a Creative Commons BY licence.
- Recipients may be asked to contribute to an InternetNZ blog post after NDF2017.
- In considering applications the panel reserves the right to decline an application or offer a scholarship of greater or lesser value to the one you have applied for.